Sunday 22 April 2012

5. How did you attract/ address your audience?


Firstly I attracted my audience by making the title stand out. I made it big, bold and I also gave it some colour. I didn't make the colour to bright becuase my target audience wouldn't like it. I went for a more dark colour and a more adult font of the title to make it fit in with the genre of rap and so that my target audience would like it.
undefined
My background colour had to be a dull, plain colour as the audience would be a more older age which means I didnt't want any major bright colours except from the white colour. I had trouble trying to find a background colour, so I looked at some album covers for 'Example' which resulted in finding the one on the right. I used this background for my final media product because the colour work, it helped represent 'Example', and my main focus of the magazine was on 'Example'. I think using these colours would help create a good effect as it helps promotes 'Example' and his album, 'Playing In The Shadows'. It would help viewers understand that this magazine's issue focus is on Example and his album.
For the text of my media product, I wanted to make it dark but so it stands out. To do this I used a black background throughout my magazine and I used a light blue, white, or dark blue Verdana/ Tahoma font to make it work. The text is really easy to read on the black background and it isn't too childish for an adult/ teenager audience. I hope that they would find the text easy to read and interesting.
I had to use good cover lines to make my media product grab the readers attention otherwise the magazine would be seen as boring and dull. If there is no good storylines, then there is no good magazine as I found out in my research. I lookeda t other magazines and good ones were 'Top artists of the Month..' and using different artists names on the magazine might appeal to other viewers. I incorporated different artist's names into my magazine like 'Tinie Tempah, 50 Cent, Kanye West, Drake and Eminem' as some viewers will prefer other artists to 'Example'.
With my magazine, I made my male model make eye contact with the camera to help grab the viewers attention. This is also known as the 'Gaze Theory' which means that when you take a picture, you make eye contact to help grab the readers attention and attract to reader to buy it. We can see this in most magazines, on the album cover above so I decided to use eye contact within my magazine to make it more successful.




No comments:

Post a Comment