Sunday 22 April 2012

4. Who would be your audience for the media Product?



As the main media product was a music magazine, the main target audience would be aimed at the people that listen to rap music because of the relevant stories and information included in my media product.
The magazine would be aimed at a more male audience because of the type of magazine it is. The models in my magazine are all male, and the names that are used (Eminem, Example, Tinie Tempah etc), and the colours that are used within my magazine. If i was to aim it at a female auudience as well, I would use maybe brighter colours, and i would include some female rappers names within (Nicki Minaj, Mc Bratz etc). As you can see, the reason I aimed my magazine at males is because there are not a lot of famous female rappers in the music industry compared to the male rappers.

 
I used iconography in my magazine to help promote the magazine and show the genre of the magzine. Most music rappers wear hoodies, bling, chains, bandanas etc. I looked at what 'Example' wears more out of all of them and he wore the hoodie more then anything. I used a hoodie on the model to help show the relevant genre to the viewer. Also this helps pick the appropiate clothing for my models without having any fuss.
The age of my target audience would be a more adult/ teenage audience because of the relevant information. I hope that they would work out the magazine would be aimed at a more older audience by the use of the dark colours, the cover lines, the stories on the contents page, and the type of music. Even though rap music does branch out to other ages, younger audiences might find the information boring or not interesting were as and older viewer might.
So overall the target audience for my magazine would be a male dominated audience, a more adult/ teenager age for the magazine, and a viewer that prefers rap music to other genre of music (pop, rock, indie, metal etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8vR1hDB1eM&safe=active This website shows you one of Example's gig and the crowd would also be a part of my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment