Sunday 22 April 2012

1. In what way does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?


Firstly I had to make my masthead stand out and be unique to the rest of the magazine. I made my title, cover the whole of the top like it has in this 'Empire' magazine, and i made it a complete different colour to the rest of my magazine. My background is black and white so I made my title blue. Also I adapted to the title and made adjustments to it so it could stand out from anything else.
My main image has to be able to grab and attract the viewers in so that they will want to read it and buy it. My main image has to cover up the whole of the front page as that is what the magazine's focus is on. If the main image doesn't stand out, then the magzine looks weak. I made my main image overlap the mast head if it had to as it is the main focus and I made it cover the whole of the page for effect.
My cover lines were of different fonts, and different colours like they are within this magazine. I used them in different places all over the front cover. I used different fonts for effects, and I used different colours to make sure they were identified as different things, like they have in this magazine for the different names of films.
Also the background has to be relevant to the product. In this magazine we can see the American flag as it represents Captain America, with my one I have used a black and white background to represent Example's new album 'Playing in the Shadows'. The backgroyund within the front cover has to integrate becuase it helps tell us what the type of genre the magazine is and sometimes help us focus more on the main story.

No comments:

Post a Comment